Please follow these instructions if you would like to configure Jaspersoft as a Windows service.
Jaspersoft 6.4.2 and Tomcat 8.5
Prerequisites: It is necessary to have the correct Java executables referenced in the PATH environment variable.
- Navigate to the bin folder inside the Tomcat folder.
- Type "service install JasperReports", JasperReports being the name of the service, and execute it to create the service.
- Edit the newly created service by executing "tomcat8w.exe //ES//JasperReports" from the above directory.
- We see a service dialog open up. Navigate to the Java tab to edit the JVM configuration.
- Add the below JVM parameters under section Java Options:
-XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC (This determines the Java Garbage collector method for Jasper)
-Duser.home=C:\Users\Administrator (This is the home folder of user with whose account Jasper was installed).
- Specify values for Initial Pool Memory and Maximum Pool Memory. Thread stack size remains as 2048.
- Apply the changes and launch the service from Windows services console.