This document explains the steps to configure the Data Direct ODBC driver to work with Service Desk R12.5 CA SDM cluster.
The CA Service Desk Manager installation will install the Data Direct ODBC driver on the local host. On a stand alone BOXI installation, the CA Business Intelligence Configuration program will install the Data Direct driver. This driver connects to the Service Desk server using the Service Desk server host name and cannot recognize the alias name of the cluster. Therefore, a driver for each Service Desk cluster node must be manually created.
Steps to install and configure Data Direct ODBC Driver for Service Desk r12.5 CA SDM installed in a cluster
- On the BOXI server, run the CA Business Intelligence Configuration program from the DVD#2 install media
- On the Welcome Screen click Next
- Enter the BI Admin Username
- Enter the BI Admin Password
- Enter the CA Service Desk Manager Admin Username.
- Enter CA Service Desk Manager Admin Password.
- In CA Service Desk Manager Primary Host field enter the host name of the active Service Desk node.
- Accept the default port number and install location.
- Make sure the Create Default users and Use Data Direct ODBC 6.0 driver options are checked.
- Click Finish
- Open ODBC Data Sources window from Administrative tools and go to System DSN tab.
- Notice that a Data Direct ODBC driver with the server name of the active node has been created.
- Click on Add
- From the Create New Data Source window, select the CA Service Desk Manager driver and click Finish
- In the Data Source Name field enter the server name of Service Desk in the following format: casd_XXX
- In the Service Host field enter the host name of secondary Service Desk node.
- In the Service Port field enter 19987
- Click the ? button to select the Default Service Data Source
- Select Apply and Ok to save the changes