The way to setup automatic email notification for specific alarms is as follows. Be sure to configure your smtp mail on the platform (reference the AlarmNotifier guide).
1. Modify the Setscript(s) (if needed, clear and update scripts) as appropriate, for example, to send email using SANM. You may need to only modify one Setscript.
2. Modify .alarmrc file parameters if needed, for example, to point to the SetScripts of there will be multiple
3. Use the command ./AlarmNotifier ?r <resource file> ?n <AlarmNotifier>
To make multiple instances of AlarmNotifier to then associate a policy to each one
./AlarmNotifier ?r .alarmrc ?n RouterNotifierApp
4. To have processd start each AlarmNotifierapp, make an idb file for each AlarmNotifier application. Use the original AlarmNotifier.idb as a template. For example, in the lib/SDPM/partslist directory, make one called "RouterApp.idb" and modify the appropriate variables.
Always keep PARTNAME= AlarmNotifier in all the new idb files you create
Modify APPNAME= RouterNotifierApp for this example
Modify ARGV;$SPECROOT/Notifier<CSEXE> ?r .alarmrc ?n RouterNotifierApp;
If you are only using one .alarmrc, you don?t need to specify the resource file and it need to only be:
Modify LOGNAMEPATH to the name of the log file you want, like RouterNotifierApp_out
5. You can either run the ./AlarmNotifier ?r .alarmrc ?n RouterNotifierApp to test it, or you can restart processd to have all the new idb files get read in and run the command. (via bash shell, $pecroot/lib/SDPM>processd.pl restart)
6. Now you have multiple AlarmNotifier applications running, and are ready to go to OneClick, Locator, SANM, All Applications, and select the appropriate AlarmNotifier app (from previous steps) and create/associate a policy for this app. Reference TS32450 for more on this step.
How to Configure Alarm Notifier in Processd to be used by multiple SANM Policies
For step 6, reference TS32450 How to Create an Alarm Notification Policy in SANM
Spectrum 9.1 Apps
(Optional) You may want to create multiple copies of the SetScript, ClearScript and UpdateScript if they are doing anything unique with the different notifiers i.e. sending email versus populating a file for an integration.
(Optional) You may need to create multiple .alarmrc files. If you don't need multiple Setscripts or .alarmrc files, can run the command below as just
./AlarmNotifier-n <alarmnotifierappname> for example: ./AlarmNotifier-n RouterNotifierApp
Causes of this problem:
You need to have a separate application to associate with each SANM Policy.
We no longer recommend copying the executable and renaming to multiple different executables (like alarmnotifer1, alarmnotifier2, etc), since this causes issues after future hotfixes/upgrades.
Instead, the AlarmNotifier should be run using the following command: AlarmNotifier -r <resource file> -n <appname> to create different application names for each SANM Policy
(Legacy KB ID CNC TS32770 )