For a hub see the notes sections included below:
The following is the correct procedure for removing a robot in UIM 8.51 -9.0
For hub first move all reporting robots to another hubs.
1. Stop the Nimbus Robot Watcher service for the robot that needs to be removed OR uninstall the robot from the system directly.
delete any named services setup or tunnels setups connecting the decommissioned hub
2. Remove the robot from IM. This can be performed one of two ways:
* Remove the robot from IM in the hub robots tab.
* If there are many robots that need to be removed, the robot.sds file can be renamed from the hub folder structure in nimsoft/hub, for the hub that the robots report to. The hub will then need to be restarted to have the robot.sds file recreated.
Remove the hub.sds file from any hub that had a named services or tunnel connection to the decommissioned hub.
3. Remove the robot from the Inventory section of USM to delete the alarms, QoS, and all correlation related sections in the database for the robot. Follow the below steps to perform this:
a) Check the boxes next to the robot(s) that need to be removed.
b) From the Actions tab, select Delete Selected
c) Lastly, select the appropriate sections to remove the robot QoS and alarms from the database
**Note: It is recommended to uncheck the Prevent Rediscovery check box in USM; otherwise, the robot will be blacklisted and cannot be rediscovered by the discovery_server probe.