1. In the DSM Explorer drill down to Control Panel- Configuration->Collect Tasks.
2. Right-click 'Hardware Inventory' and choose 'New'.
3. Give the collect task a desired name under the 'General Tab'. In this example 'Printer Inventory'.
4. Under the 'Detection Modules' tab select 'Printer Inventory (WMI)'. Click OK.
5. The new collect task will now be listed under 'All Collect Tasks'.
6. Let us assume that you want to collect the Printer Inventory once a week on Mondays. To configure this do the following:
6a) In the right-pane select 'Printer Inventory' collect task and select 'Scheduling'.
6b) Under the 'Scheduling' tab choose the option 'Always run Job'.
6c) Under the 'Conditions' tab, choose the option 'Run only once a ..'. Choose 'Week' and select 'Monday' as shown in the screenshot below. Click OK.
7. Drag and drop the 'Printer Inventory' task to the 'All Computers' group.
8. You will be prompted to confirm the collect task scheduling. Click 'Yes'.
9. Once the collect task runs on the agent, the Printer Inventory will be populated under Inventory->Additional->Printer Inventory (WMI) section of the agent.