In numerous circumstances you may need to clear a robots niscache as a intermediate step.
The majority of probes create files in a probes niscache directory. These files are used within the internal UIM discovery_server processes to see what a device is monitoring and it will then be added into the CM_* database tables.
Unified Infrastructure Manager 8.x and above
1) Within Infrastructure Manager, navigate to the controller probe on a robot that you wish to clear.
2) Open up the probe utility by pressing "Ctrl-P"
3) Open the Options dialog by pressing the second to the right icon.
4) In options, select the "Expert Mode" checkbox and press OK.
5) In the probe commandset, select "_nis_cache_clean" and press the green arrow button to run it.
6) In the probe commandset, select "_restart" and press the green arrow button to run it.
The robot will restart and the niscache folder will be cleaned.
Niscache, what it is, what it does