In numerous circumstances you may need to clear a robots niscache as a intermediate step.
The majority of probes create files in a probes niscache directory. These files are used within the internal UIM discovery_server processes to see what a device is monitoring and it will then be added into the CM_* database tables.
Unified Infrastructure Manager 8.x and above
1) Within Infrastructure Manager, navigate to the controller probe on a robot that you wish to clear.
2) Open up the probe utility by pressing "Ctrl-P"
3) Open the Options dialog by pressing the second to the right icon.
4) In options, select the "Expert Mode" checkbox and press OK.
5) In the probe commandset, select "_nis_cache_clean" and press the green arrow button to run it.
6) In the probe commandset, select "_restart" and press the green arrow button to run it.
The robot will restart and the niscache folder will be cleaned.
Below are screen captures of the above steps 3,4,5 from 8.5.1 machine
Niscache, what it is, what it does