How to check the usage of CA Workload Automation ESP files and how to increase their SIZE?
CA WA ESP EDITION 11.4 Z/OS
For VSAM files, include HISTFILE, JOBINDEX, RESFILE, INDEX, COMMQ, EVENTSET, JOBSTATS:
- Should use IDCAMS LISTCAT to check the usage of files
- For better performance, make sure not use any secondary allocation in INDEX and DATA of the file
- CYBESUT7 should run periodically (like yearly) to remove aged information from JOBINDEX file
- CYBESUT8 should run periodically (like yearly) to remove aged information from JOBSTATS file
For non-VSAM files:
APPLFILE: use OPER LISTAPTF to check the current usage, and run CYBESUT3 to increase
TRAKFILE: use OPER LISTTRAK to check the current usage, and run CYBESUT4 to increase
QUEUE: use LISTQ to check the current usage. If need to allocate a bigger one:
- Stop ESP master and proxies
- Rename the current QUEUE file to *.old
- Allocate a bigger one with the name specified in ESPPARM
- Start ESP Master with parm=QFORM and warmly start ESP Proxies
CKPT: use LISTCKPT to check the current usage, and run CYBESUT9 to increase.
See “Command Reference Guide” and “Programmer’s Guide” for more detail.