Customizing catalogbrowse.xml can achieve it .
Taking "Open" in the dashboard of the request page as example
1) locate catalogbrowse.xml under USM_HOME\view\webapps\usm\locale\icusen\request\
2) copy this catalogbrowse.xml and copy it into USM_HOME\filestore\custom\locale\icusen\request\
3) then modify the catalogbrowse.xml under USM_HOME\filestore\custom\locale\icusen\request\
4) stop catalog service
5) go to USM_HOME\view\translets\ folder and delete all the translet files under this folder
6) restart catalog service
7) then access catalog UI, you will see the OOTB text "Open" is changed to "Open_Jing" . see the following screenshot :
Note : in order to make long-term maintenance easily , please follow the catalog customization framework to do this customization . In other word , please do NOT modify catalogbrowse.xml directly at its OOTB default folder . Instead , please copy OOTB's catalogbrowse.xml into filestore folder ( i.e. under USM_HOME\filestore\custom\locale\icusen\request\ mentioned in the steps above ) and then customize catalogbrowse.xml there .