If you change the host name and run pdm_configure, you will encounter the following error message and will not be able to continue the configuration.
After clicking on <OK>, the following error appears.
In order to change the host name, please follow the steps as shown below.
- Log into Service Desk using Service Desk administrator account and open [Administration] tab.
- Go to 'System' > 'Servers' and open the server you would like to change.
- Click on <Edit> button and change the Host name. Click <Save> button.
- Stop the Service Desk service.
- Change the OS host name and reboot the server.
- Change the old host name to the new one on dlgtsrv table of MDB.
- Open the Command Prompt and run pdm_configure.
- Change all previous host names to new ones during the configuration.
- After the configuration is completed successfully, check the Service Desk behavior.
NOTE: Please take a backup of the file system and database before you do the above change.