Every time a CA Endevor SCM Integration for the Natural Environment (EINE) user starts up the EINE interface, they have to enter their CA Endevor user id and password.
Can this requirement to enter a CA Endevor user ID and password every time a user starts the EINE interface be changed?
The frequency of how often the CA Endevor SCM user ID and password must be entered is controlled by the +EINE-TIMEOUT-INTERVAL-PWD parameter in the session start up user exit, UEXIT00, located in the EINE Natural library.
The default setting is to require the CA Endevor user ID and password be entered every time a user starts EINE.
All supported versions of CA Endevor SCM Integration for the Natural Environment
The +EINE-TIMEOUT-INTERVAL-PWD parameter is the time expressed in minutes that a password will not have to be reentered when starting EINE after a successful logon. If a logon attempt fails because of an expired password, the user will be presented with the logon window.
To change the +EINE-TIMEOUT-INTERVAL-PWD parameter, perform the following steps:
1. Log on to Natural and the EINE Natural library. The default library name is EINELIB.
2. Edit the EINE session start up user exit, UEXIT00.
• Find the commented out MOVE statement for +EINE-TIMEOUT-INTERVAL-PWD.
• Uncomment the line and change the value to the number of minutes that the password will not have to be reentered upon entering EINE:
MOVE nnn TO +EINE-TIMEOUT-INTERVAL-PWD
The default value is zero, which requires the user to logon every time upon entering EINE.
3. STOW the exit.
For more information on additional UEXIT00 parameters, go to the CA Documentation site ---
• Logon using your email address and CA Support Online password
• In the Select Product drop down box, search for Endevor and select the appropriate version
• In the Table of Contents on the right, go to :
+ CA Endevor Integration for Natural Environment
>> How to Install the Software
>> Install User Exits