Here are the steps:
- Locate the 32 bit version of ODBC- odbcad32.exe in the C:\Windows\SysWOW64 folder and click on it to run it.
- VERY IMPORTANT - do not start Data Sources (ODBC) from the control panel as this will start the 64 bit version by default and this will work correctly.
- Click on data source name - you will see the ODBC name used by CA Web Viewer.
- Click configure and the wizard starts.
- In the drop down box labeled:
Which SQL server do you want to connect to?
Choose the new server name. (which is the nodename)
- Finish the screens in the wizard - you should not have to change anything.
The password that is set in the CA Web Viewer Admin Tool must be updated for the new database.
- Update the userid and password in the Admin Tool by selecting FILE-> Configure Server settings.
- Recycle IIS using
Net stop iisadmin /y
Net start w3svc
CA Output Management Web Viewer will now be pointing to the new database you specified.