How to move entire systems to a new subnet
Changing the IP Addresses of a Vertica Single Node Setup (only)
(To change a Vertica Cluster configuration, see page 426 of the Vertica 6.0 administration guide)
- take down Vertica using admintools, and then spread:
- do the necessary OS network changes (ifconfig, etc/hosts, etc.)
- /opt/vertica/config/admintools.conf - change all ip references in this file
- /opt/vertica/config/vspread.conf - change all ip references in this file
- cd to the catalog dir of the database (e.g. /home/dbadmin/mydb/*catalog
- grep -rl youroldip - verify the old ip isn't found in any .cat or .conf file(s), if so, edit accordingly.
**********DO not modify any Checksum .cat files that are returned from the grep !!*********
- Start spread:
- Start the database using /opt/vertica/bin/admintools
To change the Data Aggregator IP address:
- Stop Data Aggregator by logging in to the computer where Data Aggregator is installed as the root user. Type the following command:
Data Aggregator stops.
- Type the following commands to access the jms directory:
cd <Data Aggregator installation directory>/apache-karaf-2.3.0/jms
- Edit the local-jms-broker.xml file with an editor such as vi. Change the IP address that appears at the bottom of this file to the IP address you want it to be.
********Modify dbconnection.cfg to new ipaddress******
<Data Aggregator installation directory>/apache-karaf-2.3.0/etc/dbconnection.cfg
- Restart Data Aggregator by logging in to the computer where Data Aggregator is installed as the root user. Open a command prompt and type the following command:
The Data Aggregator starts. The IP address for Data Aggregator is changed.
To change the IP address for CAPC:
- Make sure you take a back up of mysql
- Stop CAPC services
change the ip under Datasources ....'Edit datasource': save IP change and test.
- Start CAPC services.
Then run a full sync to the datasources
To change the IP Address for the DataCollector(s):
- Stop the DC, if not already stopped:
- Edit the file: /opt/IMDataCollector/apache-karaf-2.3.0/etc/com.ca.im.dm.core.collector.cfg
Update the hostname or address is correct in the line
Save the file.
- Update the IP address in /opt/IMDataCollector/apache-karaf-2.3.0/jms/local-jms-broker.xml
- Delete the file /opt/IMDataCollector/apache-karaf-2.3.0/deploy/local-jms-broker.xml
- Wipe out the cache:
rm -rf /opt/IMDataCollector/apache-karaf-2.3.0/data/cache/*
- Start the DC
Verify the correct ipaddress is shown In CAPC-Admin-DataAggregator@da-hostname:
System Status: Data Collectors