How can the host name on a CA Performance Management (CAPM) server be changed post install?
Applies to all CA Performance Management releases currently supported.
This includes but is not limited to release r2.3.3 and newer releases.
Server host name change is being required by the customer thus the CA Performance Management server software needs to be updated so that it continues to function properly.
Resolution/Workaround: The following process will:
- Allow a user to change the host name on the CAPM server post installation.
- All steps are required to be successful in changing the host name on the CAPM server.
- All steps must be performed as the root, or sudo root user that owns the CAPM installation.
- Stop the dadaemon service on the Data Aggregator server with the following command "service dadaemon stop"
- Stop the four services (caperfcenter_sso, _devicemanager, _eventmanager and _console) on the CAPM server. They can be stopped individually with these commands:
- service caperfcenter_sso stop
- service caperfcenter_devicemanager stop
- service caperfcenter_eventmanager stop
- service caperfcenter_console stop
- Change the host name on the CAPC server at the OS level
- Start the four services (caperfcenter_sso, _devicemanager, _eventmanager and _console) on the CAPM server. They can be started individually with these commands:
- service caperfcenter_sso start
- service caperfcenter_devicemanager start
- service caperfcenter_eventmanager start
- service caperfcenter_console start
- Start the dadaemon service on the Data Aggregator server with the following command "service dadaemon start"
- Update the Event Manager Data Source to reflect the new host name.
- Log in to the CAPC web UI against the new host name as the admin user.
- Select the 'Data Sources' option from the Admin drop downs 'Data Source Settings' area.
- Select the Event Manager entry
- Choose the Edit button. In the Edit Data Source UI for the Event Manager update the Host Name (and Display Name field if it also references the host name of the CAPC server).
- Select the Test button to validate communications
- Assuming the Test was successful, save the changes
- Select the Event Manager entry and select the 'Resync' button.
- In the Resync Data Source UI, check off the 'Perform a Full Resynchronization' option and select the 'Resync' button
When all above steps have been completed, and the Event Manager full sync has completed, the system should be fully operational and using the CAPM servers new host name.