Earlier releases of CA Service Desk Manager (CA SDM) allowed one to integrate with Microsoft FAST ESP as the Knowledge Search Engine. The FAST engine is no longer supported, however, there may exist CA SDM configurations which retain the integration. The following steps describe how to configure CA SDM to use the default Knowledge Search Engine.
1. Go to the Administration tab -> Options Manager -> Search Engine -> ebr_version.
2. The value of the ebr_version should be "FAST[SEARCH ENGINE]" on the environment that uses the FAST Search Engine. Change the value to "KT Search Engine[FILES]".
3. Restart the CA SDM service.
4. Go to the Administration tab -> Knowledge -> Search -> Parse Settings.
5. Change to the appropriate value. Especially, if the knowledge document is written by/with double byte characters like Japanese/Chinese/Korean, it is necessary to set the "Korean"(this value is changed to "Korean/Japanese/Chinese" from r14.1) with the Language dropdown list box, or "Other Far East". Regarding the detail of the "Korean" and "Other Far East" of the Language field, please refer to the Multi-Byte Character Set Search Limitations (Wiki).
6. Run the "pdm_k_reindex" command on the command prompt of the CA SDM primary server to generate the search index of the knowledge documents. If the KT Search engine configuration works appropriately, the ebr_fulltext and ebr_fulltext_adm tables will have the record of the index.
The following query via the SQL Management Studio will show the generated index record created by the 'pdm_k_reindex' utility.
select * from ebr_fulltext
select * from ebr_fulltext_adm