4 different ports are used by CA Mainframe Software Manager:
- CA MSM Port No : 22120
- CA MSM DSI Port No : 22130
- CA MSM Tomcat redirect Port No : 22140
- CA MSM Tomcat shutdown Port No : 22150
How can they be changed after the initial installation is already completed?
Port Number location to change
* CA MSM Port No : 22120 - server.xml
* CA MSM Tomcat redirect Port No : 22140 - server.xml
* CA MSM Tomcat shutdown Port No : 22150 - server.xml
To change above ports 22120, 22140 or 22150, the server.xml file needs to be changed.
Be careful server.xml is in ascii encoding. Best way to change this is go in via EA (Edit Ascii) line command in ISPF P.3.17.
The server.xml is located in a zfs directory with a path similar to this:
rt is the MSMruntime directory. You specify this path in the RunTimeUSSPath keyword of the MSMSetupOptionsFile.properties file.
* CA MSM DSI Port No : 22130 - database, ie. DBUPDATE
The DSI Port needs to be changed in two locations by following method:
- Please copy the SAMPLIB member DBINIT to DBUPDATE.
- Add/Change the dsiPort=nnnnn, or remove it from comment in the DBUPDATE member.
- Then update in the dsi.conf the PORT parameter value.
- Copy the DBINIT DD in the MSMTC procedure and change it to DBUPDATE DD and point it to DBUPDATE created at the beginning.
- Put the DBINIT DD on comment (//*DBINIT DD)
- and run MSMTC.
- When done this once, put the DBUPDATE DD on comment and UNCOMMENT DBINIT again.
The DBINIT DD is only used the 1st time of the MSMTC job start. Afterwards, when the database contains data, never again.
To get the CA Mainframe Software Manager database updated, you will need to change the DBUPDATE SAMPLIB member and use the //DBUPDATE DD statement - this need to be done only once.