How to change the patch download location when CIC is configured in Online Export mode
When Content import client (CIC) is installed in online export mode, the default patch download location is set to ‘C:\Windows\Temp’. In many environments there are restrictions on the C drive and therefore, the download location needs to be changed.
Please follow the steps below to change the default patch download location:
1. Navigate to the CIC install location on the machine where CIC is configured in Online export mode (Online server machine) Default: C:\Program Files(x86)\CA\SC\CIC
2. Navigate to the ‘bin’ folder
3. Double-click or execute ‘h2.bat’ file. This will open the h2 database console as shown in the screen shot below.
4. Enter the ‘Driver Class’ (org.h2.Driver) and ‘JDBC URL’ (jdbc:h2:content) as shown in the above screenshot.
5. Login using ‘cicuser’ credentials. (default password for ‘cicuser’ is CAC0nt3nt!4CIC)
6. After successful login, the following screen will appear:
7. In the right pane (SQL Statement), paste the below SQL statement:
update ca_cic_manager set value='download_location_path' where name='download.config.baseFolder'
In the above SQL statement, please change the value as required and execute the statement.
8. Once the execution is successful, retry the patch download. If the old location is still used, please recycle tomcat.