- Open NAS probe configuration
- Select Auto-Operation >> Scripts tab
- Create a new script with lines:
event.level = <DESIRED_EVENT_LEVEL>
In our example we will change Alarm severity to Critical, so script name will be Raise_severity_to_Critical.
- Save script as Raise_severity_to_Critical
Note: Valid event levels values are:
- Go to the NAS Auto-Operation >> Pre-processing Rules tab
- Create a rule that match alarm you want to trap and change the severity setting as this way:
Filter type = ‘custom’
Severity Level = check all severity that apply, but do not include the new desired severity level, this is to avoid process alarms that already are in this severity level.
Filter pattern = Set as required to only match the specific Alarm, in this case will filter by message string only.
Customer Script = <YOUR SCRIPT NAME>
- Save the Pre-processing rule with a name that identify its function.
In our example, as we filtering message using"testing message" pattern and script will raise priority to critical, will save rule as Set "testing message" alarms to Critical
- At NAS Auto-Operation >> Pre-processing Rules tab, right click on new rule and select Activate.
- Test the rule forcing a new message
This is the Alarm while rule is inactive.
This is how Alarm is shown after activating the rule and recycle NAS.