A Step by Step Guide on how to by-pass the “Terms of Usage” for contacts in multi-tenancy mode in Service Desk Manager.
How to bypass the “Terms of Usage” for contacts in the multi-tenancy environment.
Service Desk Manager 12.9/14.1 Conventional and Advance Availability
1. 1) Firstly, check whether multi-tenancy is installed or not in
Administration > Options Manager > Multi-tenancy
1. 2) Create a tenant (e.g. test). By default, first tenant we create will be the Service Provider.
(Administration > Security and Role Management > Tenants > Create New)
1. 3) Create a subtenant to tenant (e.g. subtest to test).
1. 4) Create Terms of Usage.
Administration > Security and Role Management > Terms of Usage > Create New
1. 5) Next, Attach the above created “Terms of Usage” to the Subtenant.
1. 6) Created a contact who has to accept “Terms of Usage” in subtenant (i.e. subtest)
> Now logged in as 123 we get the Terms of Usage to accept before proceeding with any further actions.
1. 7) Created a contact who want to bypass the “Terms of Usage” in tenant (i.e. Test).
1. 8) Remember that “Terms of Usage” will get attached to the contacts only when they fall under the tenant which has “Terms of Usage” on it.
How to Implement Multi-Tenancy: