How to bulk-update the time zone for users in the CA Service Catalog environment?
Bulk update in mssql to avoid manually update each separate user.
1. Verify and confirm:
The following query will show the users that already have a Time Zone set in Catalog:
select user_id,time_zone_code from usm_contact_extension where time_zone_code is not null
The result will show the actual time zone per individual user.
2. Search for the correct time zone to be set:
In order to do this, query with the(a) user id for which you know it is having the correct value.
In this example I will assume that the user with the correct TZ is spadmin:
select user_id,time_zone_code from usm_contact_extension where user_id = 'spadmin'
It will return the output like e.g.:
user_id | time_zone_code
spadmin | GMT-03:00 America/Cayenne
3. Now, before you proceed, run a backup in order to be sure that you can go back in case of emergency.
4. You only should change the users, already having a Time Zone set.
The following example will change all the users having set a time zone from 'GMT-12:00 Etc/GMT+12' into 'GMT-03:00 America/Cayenne'
5. The actual mssql update of the time zone:
set time_zone_code = 'GMT-03:00 America/Cayenne'
where time_zone_code = 'GMT-12:00 Etc/GMT+12' (which is the value from the query in step 1).
6. Then in order to be sure that the changes are applied restart the CA Service Catalog service.
Before making any update, remember to take backup of the current data, to avoid problems in case you need to revert the changes you applied.
CA Service Catalog on a Windows platform.