In a situation where it is necessary to archive and purge data from a specific end user and/or request area, it is necessary to create (or modify) an Archive and Purge rule to add the correct conditions. This document provides examples on how to achieve it.
How to archive and purge requests based on a particular userid or request area/category?
This document applies to CA Service Desk Manager (SDM) 12.x and 14.1.
Consider the following as examples for this document:
- End User = ServiceDesk
- Request Area = Applications
You should follow the steps below to achieve what you need:
- Login to ServiceDesk as an Administrator.
- Click on the Administration Tab
- Expand Archive and Purge -> Select Archive and Purge Rules.
- Search and open the rule "Call Request".
- Note: By default all the rules will be inactive. Click on the Show Filter button and Change the Status to Inactive and hit the Search button. It will display all the Inactive rules. Click on the " Call Request " rule and edit it. Set the status to active.
- Edit the "Call Request" rule and in the Additional query field enter the values
- If you want to archive and purge based on a particular userid then in the Additional query field enter
customer.userid = \'ServiceDesk\'
- If you want to archive and purge based on a particular category/request area then in the Additional query field enter
category.sym = \'Applications\'
- If you want to archive and purge using both userid and category/request area then in the Additional query field enter
customer.userid = \'ServiceDesk\' AND category.sym = \'Applications\'
- Save and run the rule.
This will archive and purge the requests.