How to apply LMP KEYS in MVS / Mainframe
LMP Key Install Instructions:
Applying Keys for MVS -
1) Find the CAS9 proc this executes module CAIRM and will contain DD statements for KEYS, PARLIB and AUTOCMDS the CAS9 proc is ordinarily executed as part of your IPL procedures.
2) Find the PDS member pointed to by the KEYS DD (also called KEYS) add the new LMP keys to this member since the new keys should be the latest, you may remove any pre-existing duplicates from the member.
3) You may either leave it at this point and await for the next IPL to run CAS9 which will then process these new keys, or you may execute CAS9 now to test how the new keys work. If you decide to test them now, first DUMMY out the PARMLIB DD statement so that your product unit routines will not be processed during this test.
Applying Keys for VSE –
To add or alter any Product's LMP status after LMP/VSE has been initialized, update the CALMPKEY.A Library Dataset and execute CAIRIM without any JCL PARM= value. The following status changes can occur at this time:
For any Product that does not have a change in it's LMP KEY, the current status of the Product will remain unchanged.
For any active Product who's LMP KEY is changed for a future Expiration Date, no change in the status will occur and the future date will be placed into effect.
For any Product that had previously expired, and a new valid LMP KEY for the Product is encountered, the Product will be notified of this fact and will then become an active participant in the Total CA Solutions.
For any new Product LMP KEY encountered, the Product and it's LMP KEY will be placed into effect immediately and will be available as an active Participant in the Total CA Solutions.
*NOTE: If an EKG is currently in effect for any Expired Products, the EKG MUST be in the CALMPKEY.A Dataset at this time to remain in effect. Once all Product LMP KEY's are valid, the EKG can be removed from the CALMPKEY.A Dataset.
Applying Key For VM -
1) Logon to user ID VMANAGER
2) Type in VMLMPKEY which will present you with: VMILMP
3) Enter a CA Product LMP Key
4) Enter the CA LMP key exactly as it appears on the Product Key Certificate:
5) Enter LMP key on following line:
Press PF12 to save the key you entered or PF3 to exit without making any changes.
Alternatively, you can XEDIT the CALMP KEYS file directly (which resides on VMANAGER’s 1FF disk) if you press PF12 without entering anything.
Recycle the product (logoff and logon) after the new LMP key has been added.
LMP Key Installation For Z/OS –
Before updating existing keys, Perpetual customers must first apply fix RO96513 to their system.
Update existing KEYS member with the new LMP keys.
The appropriate KEYS member can be found by referencing the CAS9 procedure that should exist in the system PROCLIB concatenation.
Start the CAS9 procedure to load the keys.
Do this using command: S CAS9,,,LMPKEYS or S CAS9,,,KEYS
Please send all email replies to firstname.lastname@example.org with the case number in the subject line. For additional key requests or questions regarding this set of keys, please contact the Licensing department at (800) 225-5224 option 1.