How to allow or disallow users from locking a terminal in CA TPX?
You can use the TPX Command Authorization Class to disallow users from using the Lock command. This step-by-step procedure will show you how to enable or disable it.
- Logon on to TPXADMIN.
- Select TPX User/Group Maintenance, option 1.
- Check one of the user's User Options to identify their Group name and command class for use in step 4:
- Select User Maintenance, option 3.
- Enter userid and press Enter key.
- Select User Options, option 1, and note the Group name and left-most value for command class:
- PF3 to return to User/Group Maintenance panel.
- Select TPX Command Authorization Class (CMDT), option 5.
- Select the TPX Command Authorization Class Table assigned to the users. (TPXGROUP)
- Select the Command Authorization Class the users are assigned. (D)
- Disallow the Lock Terminal command by entering a "N" in the field. Use "Y" to allow.
- Press PF3 until saved.
- Use TPXOPER to reload the table: RELOAD CMDT=TPXGROUP
- Users will need to logoff TPX then back on for the change to take effect for their sessions.
Note: This change will apply to every user using the same Command Authorization Class. If you want to just assign it to one user, then you can create a new class for only that user.