The following are the steps to create new filters in Visualizer.
- Click on Start >> All Programs >> CA >> CMDB Visualizer >> Admin Console.
- Login to the Admin console with either the Administrator or the Service Desk user id.
- Once logged in the Admin Console, click on the fifth tab in the menu i.e Filters.
- In the Filters screen you have the ability to create Filters based on General criteria, Relationship criteria and Asset criteria.
- In the general criteria you have the ability to create a filter based on Famil, Class, status and Location.
- In the Relationship criteria you have the ability to create filter based on Provider, dependent, peer and other relationships.
- In the Asset criteria you have the ability to create filter based on Manufacture, model and and maintenance vendor.
- Create a new filter based on the need by giving it a new name and selecting the appropriate fields.
- To confirm the changes click on save and restart the SD/CMDB deamon services to get this effective.