- Create a text file or CSV file and in the file only have two items, they should separate by ","comma only.
Those two items are:
IP address of the device, alias name
The IP address for the device should be the primary IP address.
To find out the primary IP address of the device, user can check the Inventory Devices list's Address column.
CA recommend always using the primary IP address of the device in the text or CSV file.
- Login as admin to the CAPC machine then go to menu Admin -->Custom Settings then go to IP Domains.
- Select the IP Domains that user wants to add in alias name for the device.
- Click Edit button then IP Domains Administration window pops up.
- Click Browse button to select a text/CSV file which contains the device IP addresses and alias names.
- Click Save button to save the change.
- Back to CAPC Dashboards in the main menu, search IP address for the device that user just changed to use alias name.
User should see the alias name been used as the name for the device for dashboard and all other reports.