How to add additional network drivers to a WinPE boot image after the WinPE boot image has been created?
CA Client Automation – 12.5, 12.5 SP1, 12.8, 12.8 FP1, 12.9, 14.0, 14.0 SP1
The 'Update Boot Image' wizard can be used to add additional drivers to a WinPE boot image. The wizard is located in the DSM Explorer under Software -> Boot and OS Image Library -> Image Prepare System -> Wizards.
The basic steps to update a boot image are as follows:
- Select the boot image you want to update.
- Specify whether you want to update only the local image, or only register the image in the domain, or do both. Depending on your selection, the wizard takes you to different set of pages.
- If you have opted to update the local image, you must provide the path to store the updated image and the path to additional files such as Windows AIK installation directory, Windows PE Boot Loader file, device drivers, and so on.
- If you have opted to register the image in the domain, you must select a registration option and then provide the domain authentication details.
- Review the settings and click Finish to start the image update.