I have deleted the Job Scheduler Heartbeat job from the Scheduled job list, and I cannot see it in Available Jobs list, how to add it back?
If the 'Scheduled' instance of the job is deleted and you do not see it listed in the 'Available' jobs list, the only way to reschedule a new instance is to make the job visible for scheduling purposes.
For On Premise Customers:
- Connect to the CA PPM database, and backup the CMN_SCH_JOB_DEFINITIONS table.
- Execute the following query to temporarily update the visibility of this job:
update cmn_sch_job_definitions set is_admin_visible = 1 where job_code ='job_check_heart_beat' ; commit ;
- Login to the application as an administrator user
- Navigate to Administration, Data Administration: Reports and Jobs
- Filter and find in the list the job called JS Heartbeat
- Schedule it to run recurrently every month, every day and every minute (if you use cron format it will be * * * * *)
- Save the new scheduled instance
- Once it is scheduled in the application, please disable the job visibility back on the database level:
update cmn_sch_job_definitions set is_admin_visible = 0 where job_code ='job_check_heart_beat' ; commit ;
For Saas / On Demand Customers:
Contact CA Technical Support for analysis review and resolution.