How to customize a Menu Tree or modify Nodes in Service Desk r12.
- Log into Service Desk using a Service Desk Administrator account.
- Go to 'Security and Role Management' -> 'Role Management' -> 'Menu Trees' on Administration Tab and select "admin_tree."
- On the admin_tree Menu detail, select 'File' -> 'Copy' and provide a "Menu Tree Name" and "Code". Click 'Save' button.
* The code name must match the code name used by the HTMPL form that uses the menu tree.
* You can create a new Menu Tree by clicking the 'Create New' button.
- Click the 'Customize Menu' button.
This brings up the modifiable Administration interface form. Right click on where you would like to add the node, and select 'Create New Node.'
- Go to 'Role List' and select a Role you would like to attach the created new tree. Open 'Tabs' tab, and select a Tab name you would like to add the new tree. Click on the name of "Starting Page" link, which brings Web Form Details screen.
- Click on 'Edit' button and define the new Tree code after "...tree_code=xxx" in Resource field. Save it.
These changes are unlikely to negatively impact a system if performed incorrectly.
However, please experiment with the above changes on a test system first to ensure familiarity with the procedure.
It is advised to take a full backup before introducing changes to a production system, for any change.