For load balancing purposes when deploying SystemEDGE agents or policies to remote hosts more than one distribution server can be deployed to evenly distribute the workload. The following document explains how to add a second distribution server to a Virtual Assurance Domain Server.
1. Launch install.exe from the VAIM installation media on the new distribution server.
2. Deselect the Domain Server Role, and any other unnecessary selections.
(Only Distribution (Scalability) Server is required)
3. Validate desired installation path.
4. Select to install.
5. Verify the CA SM Distribution Server Service is installed and running after installation completes.
6. From the Virtual Assurance Manager add the distribution server to the Domain Server by selecting the "+" icon at the top right of the screen.
7. You will see a confirmation dialogue. It may take several minutes for the request to be processed.
8. Once completed you will see the added Distribution Server under the Registered Distribution Servers listing.
CA Virtual Assurance Distribution Server Scaling Guidelines