How to activate the CA JCLCheck - JCLNEAT REXX Interface?
To activate the JCLNeat REXX interface when running CA JCLCheck WA JCLNeat batch feature:
1. Use the hlq.CAZ2CJCL member AZ1NEAT or you can also use the following JCL. Note the SYSEXEC dd and the REXXMEM are the affected DD and parameter needed to activate the REXX.
//JCLNEAT EXEC PGM=CAZ1NEAT
//STEPLIB DD DSN=YOUR.JCLCHECK.CAZ2LOAD,DISP=SHR
//SYSEXEC DD DSN=DSN.WHERE.REXX,DISP=SHR Dataset where REXX resides
//PDSIN DD DSN=LIBRARY.JCL,DISP=SHR
//PDSOUT DD DSN=LIBRARY.JCL.NEW.FORMAT,DISP=SHR
//SYSPRINT DD SYSOUT=*
//SYSTSPRT DD SYSOUT=*
//SYSUT1 DD UNIT=SYSDA,SPACE=(CYL,(2,2))
//SYSUT2 DD UNIT=SYSDA,SPACE=(CYL,(2,2))
//JCLNOPTS DD *
REXXMEM=CAZ1NREX REXX member name
//MEMBERS DD *
IEFBR14 MEMBER TO BE CHECKED
To activate the JCLNeat REXX interface when running CA JCLCheck WA from an ISPF Edit session feature:
REXX Member Name......................(REXXMEM) => CAZ1NREX
- Allocate the REXX exec PDS to the SYSEXEC DD statement. The SYSEXEC DD is generally defined in your TSO logon proc or logon CLIST.
- While in a JCL, enter the command %JCKNSPF PANEL and add the member name of your REXX. This will change your settings to always use the JCLNeat REXX
To activate the JCLNeat REXX interface when running from the CA JCLCheck ISPF panels interface:
REXXMEM - REXX Member Name................... ==> CAZ1NREX
- Modify the JCL skeleton member JNTSKEL from the CAZ2SKL0 data set in the ISPSLIB DD. Remove the comment from the SYSEXEC DD statement and change the dataset name to the REXX exec PDS.
- Add runtime option STDREXX. From the CA JCLCheck ISPF primary menu, 6 - CA-JCLNeat - Batch Submit and add the REXX exec name.
As always, please contact CA Technologies for CA JCLCheck Workload Automation if you have further questions.