Over Service Desk server with NSM integration option installed you would notice the added daemons
- Event Handling Ctrl-ehc_nxd
- Event Handling Fltr-filter_nxd
- Evt Handling Writer-ehwrter
Hence pdm_status from system with NSM integration component installed looks like:
If Service Desk is not having any active integration to NSM these options not required to be running.
You would also notice the event manager failing to login to slump, thus few errors such as these are noted in the service desk standard logs.
09/09 08:13:54.01 johsa07testr112 pdm_d_mgr 9328 SIGNIFICANT daemon_obj.c
2907 ehc: waiting more than 120 seconds for agent to confirm. Marking as
09/09 08:14:48.02 johsa07testr112 proctor_johsa07testr1120 5708 SIGNIFICANT agent_os_if.c
1109 Terminating : (C:/PROGRA~1/CA/SERVIC~1/bin/ehc_nxd) MPID: 2147 PID:
09/09 08:14:48.15 johsa07testr112 proctor_johsa07testr1120 5708 SIGNIFICANT pdm_process.c
774 Process stopped (C:/PROGRA~1/CA/SERVIC~1/bin/ehc_nxd return: 0
09/09 08:14:48.16 johsa07testr112 proctor_johsa07testr1120 5708 SIGNIFICANT pdm_process.c
783 Stopped: C:/PROGRA~1/CA/SERVIC~1/bin/ehc_nxd
09/09 08:14:49.02 johsa07testr112 pdm_d_mgr 9328 ERROR daemon_obj.c
1806 Daemon ehc died: restarting
Take the following steps to remove the above mentioned daemons:
- Control panel >Add or remove programs> Unicenter Service Desk> add/remove
- Modify install> ensure unicenter NSM component is unchecked (should be by default)> click next to complete install.
- Run service desk configuration (pdm_configure) to complete procedure.
- Recycle Service Desk Services. You may confirm success by viewing the pdm_status, the ehc_nxd (event handling controller) will no longer be there.
The pdm_status now would be free of the NSM daemons: