With RO47472 applied on TLMS 12.6 and TLMS 14.0 it is possible to benefit by defining a volume or a range of volumes to subpools identified as READONLY.
This option is useful for the following conditions:
- DR testing.
- Obsolete tape media.
With this special subpool, volumes defined to a READONLY subpool are protected from 3 points of modification:
- Users cannot use a disposition of MOD to append to an existing dataset.
- Secondary files cannot be added to a volume owned by this pool.
- Output processing is prevented on volumes defined to this special pool.
Installation of the feature:
- Update CTAPOPTN - member CTOSCRxx. Add the following with the range of volumes you want to set to READONLY.
SCRPOOL=READONLYDR1,RANGE=000001-100000 (production range not to be used for output at DR)
SCRPOOL=READONLYOLD22,RANGE=C00001-C90000 (old media that you want to get rid of)
SCRPOOL=READONLY3490,RANGE=900000-910000 (another old range that you don't want used for output)
- You will need to reload several CA-TLMS modules via CAS9.
Modify the CAIRIMPARM with the following for TLMS 12.6
PRODUCT (CA TLMS/-PRD) VERSION(TLC6) INIT(TLC6INIT) -
Modify the CAIRIMPARM with the following for TLMS 14
PRODUCT(CA TLMS-PRD) VERSION(TLE0) INIT(TLE0INIT) -
3. Attempt to MOD or add another file to a volume within the new READONLY subpool.