How does USM map device inventory and metrics / Performance Data ?
UIM v8.2 – Windows
Let’s try to explain with an example.
- A Windows Server is being monitored by RSP probe.
1. USM uses CM_COMPUTER_SYSTEM.[name] to build device inventory list.
2. CM_COMPUTER_SYSTEM.[cs_id] is mapped by [name]
3. CM_DEVICE.[dev_id] is mapped by [cs_id]
4. CM_CONFIGURATION_ITEM.[ci_id] is mapped by [dev_id]
5. CM_CONFIGURATION_ITEM_METRIC.[ci_metric_id] is mapped by [ci_id]
6. S_QOS_DATA.[r_table] is mapped by [ci_metric_id]
7. S_QOS_DATA.[r_table] represents for where raw data for the metric is saved.