How is a self password change set up? The 6.0.4 docs have a seciton called "Enabling User-initiated Password Changes" but this only says how to do it with cgi or jsp based password services.
The Following Outlines the Steps for Fcc Based User-initiated Password Changes:
- Components Required for constructing the URL:
- Logon Server FQDN
- FCC Based Pasword Services URI
- TARGET (Note: The Target MUST be a PROTECTED Resource)
- Construction of the LINK containing the URL to be added to a WebPage:
- <a href="http://myServer.domain.com
- Create an FCC Based Password Policy in the SM Admin UI.
- In SiteMinder Policy Server Admin UI protect the Realm /protected.
- Add the User(s) that have the rights to Change their password to the Policy that is associated with /protected.
- Server a Page containing the user initiated password services link.
- Click on the link and fill out the form for the User Initiated password change.
- If this password was successfully changed you will end up on a confirmation page with a link to the final target.
- Close out the browser and test to see if you can log directly in against the protected realm with your new password.
Also, refer to "How to Enable User-Initiated Password Changes with FCCs" section in Web agent configuration guide for more details.