How do you set the maximum java memory usage for Microsoft Project (MSP)? Increasing the java memory limit can be helpful with MSP Performance issues when opening or saving larger projects back to MSP.
Below are the steps on how to set the java memory limit for MSP.
- On the workstation, navigate to the computer registry (Click on Start > Run and type in "regedit")
- Navigate to the folder: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Niku\Schedulers\MSPOptions
- Right click the MSPOptions folder and select New>String Value
- Change the name to "JavaMemoryLimit"
- Change the value data to 512. If that doesn't help, try a higher value (such as 800)
Note: Refer to the following technical article: TEC439048 for changing the Open Workbench (OWB) Java Memory Limit as different steps are required.