The 'Resource - Navigate' global right is not used for granting security access rights to the Resource Planning pages. Resource - Navigate (Global) allows user access to the Resource list, Resource Finder, and Requisitions pages.
The Resource Planning pages are not controlled by Project access rights nor Resource access rights. To grant access to these pages you can assign the global rights for 'Page - View All' and 'Portlets - View All' to the end-user. To provide access specific to only these pages, grant access to the end-user through Instance Access Rights.
NOTE: Performance in accessing these portlets are impacted when granting instance rights to the Resource planning portlets. The factors that influence the performance include the amount of data and the additional columns configured in the portlets.
Reference KB000018443 : Performance Issue in Resource Planning Portlets for users with 'Instance Rights' Security Access
To assign Instance Rights, use the following steps:
- Login to Clarity as an administrator.
- Admin Tool > Resources > click to edit desired Resource > Resource's Access Rights > Instance.
- Click 'Add' button > select 'Page' Object > click 'Next' button.
- Select 'Page - View' > click 'Add and Continue' button.
- Select the appropriate pages > click 'Add' button.
- Click 'Add' button > select 'Portlet' Object > click 'Next' button.
- Select 'Portlet - View' > click 'Add and Continue' button.
- Select the appropriate portlets > click 'Add' button.
Now that access to the Resource Planning pages has been granted, the end-user will also need the appropriate Resource access rights to see specific resources on the portlets.
The Resource Planning menu link allows the end-user navigate to the following Pages and Portlets. For the Resource Planning menu link to become available, users must have both the Page - View: Resource Planning and Page - View: Capacity instance rights. When granting Instance Access Rights, all or some of the pages and portlets can be provided to the end-user.
Page - View instance Rights to the following Pages:
Resource Planning ** Required
Capacity ** Required
Top Down Planning
Portlet - View Instance Right to the following Portlets:
OBS Investment Aggregation
OBS Resource Aggregation
Role Capacity Histogram
Top Down Planning by Investment