How To Enable and Configure Health Alert Monitoring for CA Client Automation
This document describes the steps to enable and configure the health monitoring in CA Client Automation.
1. install the Alert Collector by running setup from the 12.8 DVD # 1 and select modify
NOTE: stop caf and all instances of DSM Explorer.
In the product installer check the box next to Agent Collector and continue through installation
If the check box is already selected it may indicate that the collector is already installed and you should cancel out of the install and continue through the rest of the steps below.
NOTE: options in above screenshot explained:
Persist Alerts into MDB
Configures the alert collector to persist alerts into MDB.
Persist Alerts into MDB and Take Configured Actions (default and recommended selection)
Configures the collector to persist the alerts into MDB and take configured actions such as sending mails, raising SNMP trap, writing to Windows/CCS event log.
Persist Alerts, Take Configured Actions, and Forward
Configures the collector to persist the alerts into MDB, take configured actions, and forward alerts to another alert collector.
Note: You can filter the alerts that are forwarded based on the severity or detection tier. For example, only forward High, Medium severity alerts raised on the DM.
Configures the collector to forward the alerts to another alert collector.
2. Open the DSM Explorer and Unseal the Default Computer Policy then Browse to
Domain/Control Panel/Configuration/Configuration Policy/Default Computer Policy/DSM/Health Monitoring/Health Monitoring Agent/
3. Double click in the right hand pane on Enable Health Monitoring Agent this opens the setting properties box and change the value to True and click ok
4. Browse to Domain/Control Panel/Configuration/Configuration Policy/Default Computer Policy/DSM/Web Services/client/Health Monitoring.
5. Double click on Agent Collector Address and set the hostname or IP address of the alert collector server and click ok.
6. reseal the Default Computer Policy
7. Verifying Alerts are working
Open the Web console opening Internet Explorer and go to page %SERVERNAME%/wac , login and go under Alerts
NOTE # 1 Agents may take up to 24 hours to appear due to the fact they are only set to run once a day.
NOTE # 2 Engine alerts will show up right away.