How do you create a custom attribute?
How to create a custom attribute
1. Create a schema.ext in the ... \CA\Identity Manager\Provisioning Server\data\ads directory AND/OR in the Connector Server\ccs\data\ads folder.
**** Check both places because the files maybe in both and changing only one will cause the files to show up, BUT not be valid *****
The schema.ext will have the custom attributes listed
******Make sure the Attributes are written EXACTLY like they are in AD, because the field is CASE SENSITIVE****
2. Stop CA Identity Manager - Connector Server (C++), CA Identity Manager - Connector Server (Java), and CA Identity Manager - Provisioning Server.
Restart the services Java service will restart C++ service automatically.
3. Go back into PM.
4. Go to Roles
5. Right click your ADS Account policy template and select "duplicate"
6. Name the new custom attribute template
7. Double click the new template name and go to the custom tab. This will read from the schema.ext that was created.
Once completed you can add the middle name on the account template after you set the custom attribute.
Scroll down through the list and you will find middle name and middle initial.
%UMI% Middle initial
%UMN% Middle name