When we create a sub-object with the 'Copy Enable' option set, and then go to the Main Application and try to create a new sub-object instance, the [Copy From] link is not displayed.
The [Copy From] feature is not available on the List View nor on the Sub-Object's "Create" layout page. The [Copy From] link only appears on the Sub-Object's "Edit" layout page.
Use the steps below to copy a Sub-Object instance record from another existing sub-object instance:
- Create 1 instance of your sub-object ; complete all the desired data in this instance
- Create a 2nd instance of your sub-object ; 'Save' the object instance
- Go to the Edit Layout of the 2nd instance of the sub-object
- You will see the [Copy From] link in the upper right corner of the page
- Click [Copy From] link and select the 1st instance of the sub-object
- The data in the fields will now show that values that come from the 1st instance