CA LDAP Server for z/OS r12 downloads to the pc and is then installed via a wizard on the pc that will then FTP the data to the mainframe for execution. If FTP or SFTP are not allowed, by site standards for the mainframe, can I use IND$FILE?
If FTP and SFTP are not available to send data to the mainframe, the following steps can be followed to use IND$FILE from the PC to the mainframe.
For example: PATH=$PATH:/sys/java31bt/v6r0m0/usr/lpp/java/J6.0/bin
- Allocate a dataset on MVS with the following attributes (LDAP.R12.JAR):
- INITIAL CYL allocation = 25
- Secondary cylinder allocation =5
- Get to TSO READY prompt.
- Use IND$FILE to upload the ldapinst.jar file, from the 25-CR1 directory of the original zip file, to the sequential dataset. For example use the Upload file option in QWS3270.
- Copy the file from the sequential dataset to USS.
- cp -ABCM "//'HLQ.LDAP.R12.JAR'" ldapinst.jar
- Set your PATH environment variable to include the Java bin directory.