The upgrade procedure changed in Datacom/AD 15.0 and is now called an Active MUF upgrade and is documented in section How to Perform an Active MUF Upgrade in https://docops.ca.com/
However, the new Active MUF Upgrade process can only be performed from the previously supported release of Datacom/AD 14.0.
To upgrade from releases prior to 14.0 you need to use the same upgrade method as was used in prior releases, the migrate/porting process.
You can upgrade directly from Datacom/AD 10.0/11.0/12.0 to Datacom/AD 15.0
The procedure to upgrade to Datacom/AD 15.0 involves installing the software using SMP/E, then running the jobs to create a new Datacom/AD 15.0 MUF. After this you migrate/port the CA using product database to the new MUF, for 12.0 you need to run job AXPOR01, for 10.0/11.0 run job AXPOR02. These members were delivered via PTF RO90052.
Below is a summary of jobs you need to run to install the new 15.0 MUF and do the upgrade. Steps 1 - 4 can be run while the current Datacom/AD MUF and CA using products are running.
- Install the Datacom/AD 15.0 Software. You do this by running these jobs from the SAMPJCL:
For more details see section Install Products Using Native SMP/E JCL in https://docops.ca.com/
As indicated in the README file RI88629, apply all published Datacom/AD PTFs. These provide updated CAAXSAMP install JCL members. Currently the PTFs are:
RO90052 CAAXSAMP CORRECTIONS FOR DATACOM/AD
RO90378 CAAXSAMP CORRECTIONS FOR DATACOM/AD
RO91001 CAAXSAMP CORRECTIONS FOR DATACOM/AD
RO91956 DATACOM/AD MUF STARTUP SCINIT MESSAGE: SCP TABLE NOT FOUND
RO93497 CAAXSAMP CORRECTIONS FOR DATACOM/AD
RO94087 CAAXSAMP CORRECTION IN AXACTALC
RO94881 CAAXSAMP INCORRECT AD15PXXR AND AD15PXXC
- Run member AXCUS00 in CAAXSAMP to create the INSTJCL PDS.
- Create a new 15.0 Datacom/AD MUF by running these jobs from the INSTJCL:
You will need to run these jobs to create a new Datacom/AD MUF for each CA product using Datacom/AD.
Note: Job AXRIM01 installs the PC Call routines so after you run it you need to update your system CAS9 procedure which runs at IPL time with the input statements from AXRIM01 so the PC call routines get installed after every IPL.
For details see sections Customization and Environment Steps and New Installation Phase in https://docops.ca.com
- Run the verification job:
For details see Section Installation Verification Phase in https://docops.ca.com
- Stop the CA using product but keep the previous release MUF active.
- Migrate the using product database to the new MUF by running job AXPOR01 for AD 12.0 or AXPOR02 for AD 10.0/11.0.
This needs to be run for each CA using product that is being migrated to 15.0. Each CA product would be migrated to it's own separate MUF.
- Update your CA using product JCL and change the STEPLIB to point to the new Datacom/AD 15.0 CUSLIB and CAAXLOAD datasets and restart it.