A customized field with the type of "DURATION" is displayed as date in BOXI reports. This document shows the steps required to display data of the custom field correctly.
- On the BOXI Server, go to Start > Programs > Business Objects group and launch the Designer.
- Select File -> Import
- Make sure CA Universes and CA Service Desk are selected and click ok.
- Once the Universe is imported, in the left pane, find the folder where the customized field exists and locate the Duration field (zbackoutduration in the example).
- Right click on the Duration field and select Object Properties.
- On the Definition tab under Select, specify the following:
NOTE: If you do not specify "/60", data will be displayed in seconds rather than minutes.
- Click Ok to close the Object Properties dialog.
- Click File -> Export and select Continue on the save dialog
- Make sure Domain is /CA Universes. Highlight all Groups and click Ok.
Once you see that the Universe is successfully exported, go back to Infoview and to your report and remove the duration field and try adding it again from the universe. Then verify that the duration field displays as a number rather than a date.