The RMA231E error is most likely to occur when altering a numeric or character column to data type DATE via a Compare strategy. If the alter is being performed via an Alter strategy then RC/Migrator will automatically ask you to specify a date mask when creating the strategy, thus avoiding any potential data conversion errors during the Analysis.
If the RMA231E error occurs for a Compare strategy, including a Batch Automap Compare strategy, then you will need to manually specify a date mask. This can only be done online via the panels. There is no batch PARMFILE equivalent masking parameter.
To specify a date mask for a Compare strategy use the following steps:
1. Access the strategy via RC/M Strategy Services
2. (u)Update the strategy
3. On the RC/M Compare Explode Services screen (e)edit the table definition referred to in the RMA231E error message.
4. On the CA - Table Alter screen enter the SRC line command next to the column being altered to data type DATE.
5. The DATE Mask Specification screen is displayed.
6. Enter a valid date mask, for example, DDMMYY.
This mask will then be referenced when the Analysis builds the load control cards, thus resolving the RMA231E error.