There are so many ways MSI packages can be registered. What is the best way to register an MSI package with a custom MST file?
- Right-click on the Software Library and select Import->MSI-package.
- Select the option 'Register MSI to the Software Library' and Click Next.
- Specify the location of the MSI file and proceed further.
- Under the CD Options window don't select anything and proceed further.
- In the 'Customize' window uncheck the 'Seal Package' option. Select the Local Install procedure and click on 'Edit'.
- Specify the location of the MST file and proceed further and make the MSI configuration changes as needed.
- In the Finish screen make sure that the option "Do not install with elevated privileges" is unchecked and click Finish.
- Once the package is registered in the Software Library, drill down to the Procedures section in the package. Right-click the Local Install procedure and select properties. Under the Embedded File tab you should see the transform file listed.
- Seal the package
***Note : If the MST is being ignored for some reason, remove the following MSI properties and check:
ALLUSERS=2 ARPNOMODIFY=1 ADDLOCAL=ALL