Sometimes, there are problems with the agent deployment (DMDeploy) component and the debug information is needed to troubleshoot the problem.
How do I put DMPrimer in debug mode on a target machine ?
Note: This procedure can be used for new machines too, that do not have DMPrimer installed.
CA Client Automation - All Versions
- On the target machine create or update the file <DSMPATH>\DMPRIMER\dmprimer.cfg (Default path: C:\Program Files\CA\Unicenter DSM\DMPrimer\dmprimer.cfg) with the following 2 lines:
TRACE=[TRUE]If the above path does not exist, create a folder structure as in the default path mentioned above.
- If 'dmprimer' already exists on the target machine, stop the dm_primer.exe process using:
cd "C:\Program Files\CA\Unicenter DSM\DMPrimer\"
- On the server, set 'DMDeploy' in the DETAIL trace mode:
cftrace -c set -f CF -pp DMDeploy -s 60000 -l DETAIL
- Go through the Deployment and collect the following logs:
- On the target machine, the file %TEMP%\dmprimer.log (system variable TEMP)
- On the server the files DSM\logs\TRC_CF_DMDEPLOY_*.log (Default path: C:\Program Files\CA\Unicenter DSM\logs\TRC_CF_DMDEPLOY_*.log).