Sometimes an uninstall of CA Directory fails and you are left with an incomplete install. In some cases this prevents the uninstall scripts from working and the only way to fix this problem is to manually remove the installation.
To manually remove the CA Directory installation you need to do the following:
- Log in as the dsa user and stop any DSAs that are started. This can be done by executing the command
"dxserver stop all"
- Log in as the Ingres user and stop the ingres services. This can be done by executing the command
- If you need to back up your databases and have not done so already log in as the DSA user and backup any relevant databases.
- You now need to check if there are any rogue processes still running which are associated to the Directory. Execute the three commands
"ps -ef | grep dxserver"
"ps -ef |grep dsa"
"ps -ef |grep ingres".
- If there are any processes still running manually kill them.
- You can now manually remove the Directory by going to DXHOME (by default this is installed into /opt/CA/eTrustDirectory/dxserver).
- Once in that Directory, CD to one level up. In this directory you should see a dxserver folder, and if you installed the web components and documentation you should also see a dxwebserver folder and a documentation folder.
- These 3 folders can now be removed by executing the command
"rm -rf dxserver dxwebserver documentation".
You can also remove the etrdir_install.log, readme_eTrustDirectory.html, readme and relnotes files.
- On Linux systems Ingres is installed using rpm packages. In order to remove these packages they need to be done in a certain order so there are no problems with dependencies. The following rpm commands need to be executed in this order:
rpm -e ca-ingres-das-EI
rpm -e ca-ingres-odbc-EI
rpm -e ca-ingres-jdbc-EI
rpm -e ca-ingres-net-EI
rpm -e ca-ingres-dbms-EI
rpm -e ca-ingres-EI
rpm -e ca-ingres-documentation
- You now need to check if there are any Ingres rpm packages left behind. Execute the command
"rpm -qa | grep ca-ingres*".
This should list any CA Ingres rpm packages that are still left on the system.
- 11. If there are any rpm packages left behind remove them by running the command
"rpm -e <rpm package name>"
- You now need to clean up any files and folders that have been left behind. CD into the folder defined by II_SYSTEM (this is the Ingres install directory, by default it is at /opt/CA/IngresEI). All the files and folders from here can be removed. Execute the command
"rm -rf ingres .ingEIbash .ingEItcsh"
- Ingres also has a data location where all the database files are kept (by default this is at /local/CA/IngresEI/ingres). CD to that location and you should find the folders ckp, data, dmp, jnl, log and work. All these folders can be manually removed.
- You can now remove the DSA and Ingres users by executing the commands
- You can now remove the DXserver Administrator group by executing the command:
- CA Directory requires reboot scripts in order to start up after a reboot of the machine. These reboot scripts can now be removed. CD into /etc/rc.d.
- Do a find for *dxserver* and *ingres* by executing
"find . -name *dxserver*"
"find . -name *ingres*".
You can manually remove anything that shows up.
- Your installation of CA Directory should now be removed.