The steps required to install CA Calendar Routines are listed below. The Calendar Routines consist of two COBOL programs, plus copybooks. The installer should be familiar with COBOL programming and compiling.
- Unload the product from the tape, by following the instructions on page 2-3 of the CA Calendar Routines Technical Manual.
- Modify program TRCHLGEN to run at your site. See the note under TRCHLGEN on page 2-5 of the Technical Manual.
- Compile and link TRCHLGEN.
- Run TRCHLGEN using the following JCL.
You may either:
Create a dummy table, by removing the three dates in the JCL, or, if you know what holidays are needed in the table, add and change to the sample, and create a real holiday table now. More tables may be added later. You may dummy out any two of the last three DD statements, depending on how you will call the holiday table. If in doubt, create all three outputs at this time.
//XXXXXX JOB (9999-999),'HOLIDAY TBL1 GENR',
//GENR001 EXEC PGM=TRCHLGEN
//STEPLIB DD DSN=your. transcentury.loadlib,DISP=SHR
//HOLIDAYS DD *
//PRINTOUT DD SYSOUT=*
//COPYBOOK DD DSN=your.copybook..library(TRCHLT01), DISP=SHR
//HLPROGAM DD DSN=your.source.library(TRCHLP01), DISP=SHR
//FLATINFO DD DSN=flatfile.name, DISP=(NEW,KEEP),
- Modify TRCENGIN. See the considerations on page 2-10 of the Technical Manual. You must scan through TRCENGIN, reading the comments. They will direct you to customize the program for your environment. Be sure to comment out the date and time hard coded near the beginning of the program. Do a find on "19930517" to locate these lines.
- You are now ready to Compile and link TRCENGIN.