For financial 'actuals' to appear on the detailed financial plan, there must exist transactions Posted To WIP.
Below is a description of the general process steps that you must execute to process your financial transactions. Financial Transactions can come from Timesheets or from the Transaction Entry page or from using XML Open Gateway (XOG) to XOG inbound transactions.
You must check to ensure that the following workflow is established:
- Financially enable your Project - Project Plans are tied to the Financials of a project and therefore you must ensure that the project is Financially Enabled; the financial properties must be defined, the project financial status must be set to 'Open'.
- Run 'Post Timesheets' Job : this will take timesheet information and create transactions in the financial module, if the transaction has not already been created from the existing timesheet (This will take transactions that are associated with Resources that are Financially enabled)
- The 'New' transactions will appear in the Administration, Invalid Transactions page
- Run 'Post Transactions to Financials' Job: this will post the timesheet data to financial module. The records will move into the PPA_TRANSCONTROL tables.
- Check the Administration, Invalid Transactions page:
- If there are any rejected transactions, DO NOT DELETE the transaction
- Correct the transactions according to the displayed message within the project or in the resource properties
- Re-run the 'Post Transactions to Financials' job
- Go to Home, 'Post To WIP' and post the transactions manually OR in v14.3+ schedule the 'Post to WIP' job
- Search for transactions waiting to be posted :
- To return results for All waiting transactions, simply press the 'Apply' button.
- If you want to only post transactions for a particular project you can select the project name in the Search Field and press 'Apply'.
- If you have financial transactions that are older than the current fiscal period, waiting for posting, be sure to specify a date range in the Filter Section.
- Select the items to post
- Press the 'Post' button to Post the Transactions to WIP resulting from the Search
- (OR) click 'Recalculate and Post' button if exchange rates have been updated since the time the transaction was created into the financial module.
- If you need to make any WIP Adjustments, process them and import the changes back into the project by running the 'Import Financial Actuals' job
- Return to your Cost Plan and when the 'Actual Units' and/or 'Actual Cost' fields are configured on the TSV, you will be able to see the actual data now posted into WIP.
- If actuals are still missing, check to make sure there are no inactive charge codes associated with the project.