During the initial execution of CAS9 (CAIRIM) processing, the job fails with the following messages:
CAS9140E - INIT ERROR: CCSRIM 14.00.00XDCC VER ,INITIALIZATION ABEND
*CAS9173E - ERRORS DETECTED DURING CAIRIM INITIALIZATION
Common Services for z/OS CAIRIM processing in a z/OS environment
Generally, this error is caused by an older Common Services library being picked up from the linklist. Either there is an older CCS library in front of the current CAW0LINK loadlib or CAW0LINK is not linklisted.
In order to discover the problem, it is suggested that you execute an ISRFIND from ISPF to check the libraries included in linklst and search for member CAS9GLVL.
- ISRFIND can be entered from any ISPF display.
- From ISPF option 6, enter ISRFIND
- From other ISPF displays, enter TSO ISRFIND
- On the next display enter CAS9GLVL in the Member Name field and Y in the LOADMOD field
- These two fields will expand the search to include LPA, LPAlist, and Linklist
- Scroll through the displays until you see CAS9GLVL in the MEMBER field
- Ensure that the CAS9GLVL member is from the cai.CAW0LINK load library listed to the left of the member
Take the appropriate action if CAS9GLVL is not found in CAW0LINK. Either move it in front of the existing library or add it to linklist if necessary.
Refer to the CA Common Services Documentation Wiki for more detailed information on APF authorization and Linklist requirements for the Common Services datasets.
An additional reference is technical document TEC564200 which also lists the APF, Linklist, and LPA requirements for these same datasets.