Many customers integrate their CA Agile Requirements Designer (ARD) flows with CA Test Data Manager-Datamaker (TDM). The purpose of saving your ARD flows to Datamaker is for sharing and collaboration. Team members who have access to Datamaker will be able to see the ARD flows and test cases for certain projects. Users do not need access to a TDM installation in order to save ARD flows to the repository, just the TDoD service URL, username, and password.
I am trying to connect to the repository of Datamaker while in Agile Designer. I am being prompted for my TDoD Service URL. Where do I find that?
CA Agile Requirements Designer (ARD), formerly Test Case Optimizer (TCO)
All release versions of ARD.
To find the TDoD service URL:
- Launch Datamaker.
- Click on the ‘Security’ tab in the toolbar.
- Choose ‘Users and Groups’ from the list.
- Enter in your administrator credentials.
- Click on the ‘Service Layer’ tab.
- Here you can see the ‘Primary Service URL’. It will look something like http://localhost:8090/GTService
In order to connect from Agile Designer to your Datamaker repository, you will need to make sure your TDoD Windows service (named 'CA TDoD Service') is configured and started.
- Install and Configure Test Data on Demand (TDoD): https://docops.ca.com/ca-test-data-manager/3-6/en/installing/install-test-data-on-demand/install-and-configure-test-data-on-demand
To connect to the Datamaker repository in Agile Designer:
- In Agile Designer, click on the ‘Connect’ tab.
- Choose ‘Connect to repository’ from the list.
- In the ‘Specify TDoD service’ window, enter in the following information and click the ‘OK’ button:
a. TDoD Service URL: (this is the same as your Datamaker Service URL)
b. User Name: (this is what you would use to login to Datamaker)
c. Password: (this is what you would use to login to Datamaker)
- You are now able to choose a flow you exposed to Datamaker.
If you experience any issues, please open a support case on https://support.ca.com/irj/portal/newhome or call 1-800-225-5224.
Read more on how Agile Designer integrates with Datamaker: