How do I edit the ETOA or ATOE Tables (UNIX)?
Directions for editing the ETOA or ATOE Tables (UNIX).
For the ETOA table:
- Make a copy of the etoa.tab file - i.e. etoa2.tab
- located in /opt/CA/XCOM/convtab
- For HP-UX /opt/CA/XCOM/convtab
- Customize the etoa.tab
- Take the value of character you want to translate and convert it to decimal.
- Add 1 to the value. This is the line number in the table where you will make the change.
- edit the etoa.tab by changing the yy portion of the 0xyy value on the specific line to the new Hex value
- refer to the CODE TRANSLATION TABLE on the IBM SYSTEM/370 Reference Summary (a.k.a. YELLOW CARD) for the Decimal or Hex representation of the EBCDIC or ASCII character
- save the changes
- Edit the xcom.glb
- change the INTERNAL_CONVERSION_TABLES = NO
- change ETOA_FILENAME/opt/CA/XCOM/convtab/etoa2.tab
- For HP-UX system: /opt/CA/XCOM/convtab/etoa2.tab
- Stop and Start xcomd, to incorporate the changes
For the ATOE table:
The Process to change the ATOE tables is similar. You would be referencing the atoe.tab or ATOE_FILENAME=, and you will to need to search for the reciprocal EBCDIC character value instead.